Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital
Profile & contact details
|Premises name||Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital|
|Address||45 Akoranga Drive Northcote Auckland 0627|
|Service types||Dementia care, Rest home care, Geriatric|
|Certification/licence name||Northbridge Lifecare Trust - Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital|
|Current auditor||The DAA Group Limited|
|End date of current certificate/licence||17 April 2021|
|Certification period||48 months|
|Provider name||Northbridge Lifecare Trust|
|Street address||45 Akoranga Drive Northcote Auckland 0627|
Progress on issues from the last audit
What’s on this page?
This rest home has been audited against the Health and Disability Services Standards. During the last audit, the auditors identified some areas for improvement.
Issues from their last audit are listed in the corrective actions table below, along with the action required to fix the issue, its risk level, and whether or not the issue has been reported as fixed.
A guide to the table is available below.
Details of corrective actions
Date of last audit: 06 March 2019
|Outcome required||Found at audit||Action required||Risk rating||Action status||Date action reported complete|
|Service delivery plans describe the required support and/or intervention to achieve the desired outcomes identified by the ongoing assessment process.||Three of four rest home resident long term care plans sampled did not contain sufficient details of the interventions required to meet the residents’ goals.||Provide evidence that care plans are sufficiently detailed to guide service delivery.||PA Low||Reporting Complete||18/10/2017|
|A corrective action plan addressing areas requiring improvement in order to meet the specified Standard or requirements is developed and implemented.||Data is not consistently documented to show all corrective actions taken. Required follow up from some resident post six-week admission satisfaction surveys, and some issues raised during staff meetings had no documented corrective action plans put in place.||Provide evidence that all corrective action planning is documented on the required form to meet policy and good practice requirements.||PA Low||Reporting Complete||19/08/2019|
|A system to identify, plan, facilitate, and record ongoing education for service providers to provide safe and effective services to consumers.||Of the nine files reviewed three had overdue annual staff appraisals. The clinical manager does not hold a current medication competency.||Provide evidence that staff appraisals are up to date and that the clinical manager has a current medication competency||PA Low||Reporting Complete||26/11/2019|
|Each stage of service provision (assessment, planning, provision, evaluation, review, and exit) is provided within time frames that safely meet the needs of the consumer.||The initial interRAI assessment had not been completed within 21 days of admission in three of six applicable residents’ files sampled. Twenty-eight residents are overdue their six monthly interRAI assessment. The six monthly interRAI assessments are overdue by 16 to 209 days.||Ensure interRAI assessments are conducted within 21 days of admission and reassessed every six months or sooner if clinically indicated.||PA Moderate||Reporting Complete||26/11/2019|
|Service delivery plans describe the required support and/or intervention to achieve the desired outcomes identified by the ongoing assessment process.||Initial long term care plans are not consistently developed within 21 days. Not all interventions are clearly identified or updated in a timely manner on residents’ care plans. Care plans are not always signed and /or dated when developed or amended.||Provide evidence that long term care plans are developed within required timeframes and interventions are sufficiently detailed. Ensure care plans are consistently signed and dated when developed or amended.||PA Moderate||Reporting Complete||26/11/2019|
|Evaluations are documented, consumer-focused, indicate the degree of achievement or response to the support and/or intervention, and progress towards meeting the desired outcome.||Bowel charts are not consistently completed. Nursing evaluations following a fall are not always sufficiently documented. Food diaries were inconsistently completed when required.||Ensure all evaluations are sufficiently documented in residents’ records.||PA Moderate||Reporting Complete||26/11/2019|
The outcome required by the Health and Disability Services Standards.
Found at audit
The issue that was found when the rest home was audited.
The action necessary to fix the issue, as decided by the auditor.
Whether the required outcome was partially attained (PA) or unattained (UA), and what the risk level of the issue is.
The outcome is partially attained when:
- there is evidence that the rest home has the appropriate process in place, but not the required documentation
- when the rest home has the required documentation, but is unable to show that the process is being implemented.
The outcome is unattained when the rest home cannot show that they have the needed processes, systems or structures in place.
The risk level is determined by two things: how likely the issue is to happen and how serious the consequences of it happening would be.
The risk levels are:
- negligible – this issue requires no additional action or planning.
- low – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within a specified and agreed time frame, such as one year.
- moderate – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within a specific and agreed time frame, such as six months.
- high – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within one month or as agreed between the service and auditor.
- critical – This issue requires immediate corrective action in order to fix the identified issue including documentation and sign off by the auditor within 24 hours to ensure consumer safety.
The risk level may be downgraded once the rest home reports the issue is fixed.
Whether the necessary action is still in progress or if it is complete, as reported by the rest home to the relevant district health board.
Date action reported complete
The date that the district health board was told the issue was fixed.
Before you begin
Before you download the audit reports, please read our guide to rest home certification and audits which gives an overview of the auditing process and explains what the audit reports mean.
What’s on this page?
Audit reports for this rest home’s latest audits can be downloaded below.
Full audit reports are provided for audits processed and approved after 29 August 2013. Note that the format for the full audit reports was streamlined from 16 December 2014. Full audit reports between 29 August 2013 and 16 December 2014 are therefore in a different format.
Prior to 29 August 2013, only audit summaries are available.
Both the recent full audit reports and previous audit summaries include:
- an overview of the rest home’s performance, and
- coloured indicators showing how well the rest home performed against the different aspects of the Health and Disability Services Standards.
Note: From November 2013, as rest homes are audited, any issues from their latest audit (the corrective actions required by the auditor) will appear on the rest home’s page. As the rest home completes the required actions, the status on the web site will update.
Audit reportsAudit date: 06 March 2019
Audit type:Surveillance Audit
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Mar 2019 (docx, 39.43 KB)
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Mar 2019 (pdf, 154.82 KB)
Audit type:Certification Audit
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Feb 2017 (docx, 52.08 KB)
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Feb 2017 (pdf, 202.82 KB)
Audit type:Partial Provisional Audit
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Jan 2016 (docx, 33.64 KB)
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Jan 2016 (pdf, 114.33 KB)
Audit type:Surveillance Audit
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Jan 2015 (docx, 44.78 KB)
- Northbridge Lifecare Trust Rest Home & Hospital - Jan 2015 (pdf, 130.9 KB)
Audit type:Certification Audit