Horowhenua Masonic Village
Profile & contact details
|Premises name||Horowhenua Masonic Village|
|Address||685 Queen Street East Levin 5510|
|Service types||Rest home care, Geriatric, Medical|
|Certification/licence name||Masonic Care Limited - Horowhenua Masonic Village|
|Current auditor||The DAA Group Limited|
|End date of current certificate/licence||27 September 2021|
|Certification period||48 months|
|Provider name||Masonic Care Limited|
|Street address||63 Wai-Iti Crescent Woburn Lower Hutt 5010|
Progress on issues from the last audit
What’s on this page?
This rest home has been audited against the Health and Disability Services Standards. During the last audit, the auditors identified some areas for improvement.
Issues from their last audit are listed in the corrective actions table below, along with the action required to fix the issue, its risk level, and whether or not the issue has been reported as fixed.
A guide to the table is available below.
Details of corrective actions
Date of last audit: 11 October 2019
|Outcome required||Found at audit||Action required||Risk rating||Action status||Date action reported complete|
|Service providers receive appropriate information, training, and equipment to respond to identified emergency and security situations. This shall include fire safety and emergency procedures.||Follow up from the DHB found that there was no current CPU for the new build nor a Fire Service evacuation||Provide evidence from the New Zealand Fire Service that the fire evacuation scheme is approved following the re-configuration||PA Low||Reporting Complete||20/09/2017|
|All buildings, plant, and equipment comply with legislation.||Follow up from the DHB found that there was no current CPU for the new build nor a Fire Service evacuation.||Provide evidence that the local authority has supplied a code compliance certificate for the re-configuration.||PA Low||Reporting Complete||20/09/2017|
The outcome required by the Health and Disability Services Standards.
Found at audit
The issue that was found when the rest home was audited.
The action necessary to fix the issue, as decided by the auditor.
Whether the required outcome was partially attained (PA) or unattained (UA), and what the risk level of the issue is.
The outcome is partially attained when:
- there is evidence that the rest home has the appropriate process in place, but not the required documentation
- when the rest home has the required documentation, but is unable to show that the process is being implemented.
The outcome is unattained when the rest home cannot show that they have the needed processes, systems or structures in place.
The risk level is determined by two things: how likely the issue is to happen and how serious the consequences of it happening would be.
The risk levels are:
- negligible – this issue requires no additional action or planning.
- low – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within a specified and agreed time frame, such as one year.
- moderate – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within a specific and agreed time frame, such as six months.
- high – this issue requires a negotiated plan in order to fix the issue within one month or as agreed between the service and auditor.
- critical – This issue requires immediate corrective action in order to fix the identified issue including documentation and sign off by the auditor within 24 hours to ensure consumer safety.
The risk level may be downgraded once the rest home reports the issue is fixed.
Whether the necessary action is still in progress or if it is complete, as reported by the rest home to the relevant district health board.
Date action reported complete
The date that the district health board was told the issue was fixed.
Before you begin
Before you download the audit reports, please read our guide to rest home certification and audits which gives an overview of the auditing process and explains what the audit reports mean.
What’s on this page?
Audit reports for this rest home’s latest audits can be downloaded below.
Full audit reports are provided for audits processed and approved after 29 August 2013. Note that the format for the full audit reports was streamlined from 16 December 2014. Full audit reports between 29 August 2013 and 16 December 2014 are therefore in a different format.
Prior to 29 August 2013, only audit summaries are available.
Both the recent full audit reports and previous audit summaries include:
- an overview of the rest home’s performance, and
- coloured indicators showing how well the rest home performed against the different aspects of the Health and Disability Services Standards.
Note: From November 2013, as rest homes are audited, any issues from their latest audit (the corrective actions required by the auditor) will appear on the rest home’s page. As the rest home completes the required actions, the status on the web site will update.
Audit reportsAudit date: 11 October 2019
Audit type:Surveillance Audit
- Horowhenua Masonic Village - Oct 2019 (docx, 33.88 KB)
- Horowhenua Masonic Village - Oct 2019 (pdf, 132.95 KB)
Audit type:Certification Audit
- Horowhenua Masonic Village - Jul 2017 (docx, 46.42 KB)
- Horowhenua Masonic Village - Jul 2017 (pdf, 178.55 KB)
Audit type:Surveillance Audit