Most of the results presented in the Key findings from the 2009 New Zealand Tobacco Use Survey report and some additional results are available in Excel format.
Within each spreadsheet, there are separate tabs along the bottom of the spreadsheet for each topic. Simply click on the topic tab of interest and you will see tables for the selected topic, including (where possible):
- unadjusted prevalence by age group and gender
- unadjusted prevalence by ethnic group and gender
- age-standardised prevalence by ethnic group and gender
- age-standardised rate ratio of prevalence by ethnic group and gender
- age-standardised prevalence by NZDep2006 quintile and gender
For each topic, there are usually several indicators in each table, for example, in the Prevalence data spreadsheet, on the Smoking status tab, there are seven indicators in each of the five tables including: current smoker, daily smoker and ex-smoker.
There are also separate Excel spreadsheets for each section which present age standardised ethnic group by gender estimates by Māori/non-Māori. Prevalence of smoking status is also presented by Pacific/non-Pacific and Asian/non-Asian.
- Prevalence and frequency (xls, 64 KB)
- Prevalence and frequency – Māori and non-Māori (and Pacific/non-Pacific, Asian/non-Asian for prevalence) (xls, 32 KB)
- Tobacco product and place of purchase (xls, 129 KB)
- Tobacco product and place of purchase – Māori and non-Māori (xls, 42 KB)
- Youth 15–19 years (xls, 66 KB)
- Youth 15–19 years – Māori and non-Māori (xls, 26 KB)
- Quitting behaviour (xls, 186 KB)
- Quitting behaviour – Māori and non-Māori (xls, 67 KB)
- Use of quitting advice or products (xls, 106 KB)
- Use of quitting advice or products – Māori and non-Māori (xls, 25 KB)
- ABC framework (xls, 111 KB)
- ABC framework – Māori and non-Māori (xls, 29 KB)
- Exposure to second hand smoke (xls, 201 KB)
- Exposure to second hand smoke – Māori and non-Māori (xls, 47 KB)
Data presented in the online tables have been analysed according to the protocols and procedures detailed in the Methodology Report for the 2008 New Zealand Tobacco Use Survey.