These tables provide high-level data on cancer registrations in 2014, ahead of the annual publication Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2014. They include information about the most common cancers registered and breakdowns by common demographic variables.
- There were 23,023 new cancer registrations in 2014.
- The age-standardised rate was 338.7 registrations per 100,000 population.
- From 2005 to 2014, the registration rate decreased slightly from 341.5 to 338.7 per 100,000 population.
About the tables
These interactive tables provide the latest cancer registration data for New Zealand. When you choose cancers of interest from a list, the data and graphs automatically update based on your choice:
- The ten most common cancer registrations for 2014 by ethnic group and sex. Data is also included for years
2005–2013 to enable trend analysis.
- Numbers and rates of new cancer registration for groups of cancer, by sex for 2014.
- Numbers of new cancer registrations for individual cancers for 2014, by sex, ethnic group, life-stage age group, deprivation quintile, district health board region and regional cancer network.
These tables form part of the Cancer: New registrations and deaths series. The full publication, based on this data, is expected to be released in 2017.
You can download these data tables from the Downloads section of this page.