These tables provide high-level data on cancer registrations in 2013, ahead of the annual Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2013 publication. They include information about the most common cancers registered and breakdowns by common demographic variables.
- There were 22,166 new cancer registrations in 2013.
- The age-standardised rate was 335.7 registrations per 100,000 population.
- From 2004 to 2013, the registration rate decreased from 359.1 to 335.7 per 100,000 population.
About the tables
These tables provide the latest cancer registration data for New Zealand. They include data about:
- the most common cancers registered from 2004 to 2013, by ethnic group and sex
- the number and rate of cancer registrations for groups of cancer in 2013, by sex
- the number of registrations for each cancer registered in 2013 by sex, ethnic group, life-stage age group, deprivation quintile, DHB region and regional cancer network.
These tables form part of the Cancer: New registrations and deaths series. The full publication, based on this data, is expected to be released in August 2016.
You can download these data tables from the Downloads section of this page.