The National Cancer Programme:
- brings together the work of district health boards, regional cancer networks and the Ministry of Health to implement the Government’s priorities for cancer
- has established links with initiatives being led by the National Health Board, Health Workforce New Zealand and the National Health IT Board to:
- improve the coordination of health sector planning
- improve the coordination of health sector service delivery
- achieve National Cancer Programme priorities.
The National Cancer Programme Work Plan 2014/15 covers national, regional and local priority activities for cancer. The work plan should be read alongside the New Zealand Cancer Plan 2015–2018.
DHB annual plans, the regional cancer networks’ annual work plans and the Ministry’s business plans also provide more specific detail on the work that each of these groups is leading.