This Output Plan is between the Minister of Health and the Director-General of Health (Chief Executive of the Ministry of Health).
The objective of the Output Plan is to provide the Minister of Health with information to assess the strategic importance and value of departmental outputs and to make comparisons with similar outputs across both the public and private sectors.
This Output Plan sets out the outputs the Minister of Health has agreed to purchase, their performance attributes and costs, and the terms and conditions surrounding the agreement.
The Output Plan allows the Minister of Health to:
- record agreed cost, quantity and quality standards for desired outputs
- assess the risks and obligations associated with delivery
- record and change decisions
- subsequently verify that the output has been delivered
- hold the provider accountable for delivery of the specified output.
The output mix within an output class can be changed at the discretion of the Minister of Health.
The Output Plan is for the 12 months commencing on 1 July 2006 and ending on 30 June 2007.