The PRIMHD Standard comprises the following three documents.
- 10023.1:2017 PRIMHD Data Process Standard
- 10023.2:2017 PRIMHD Data Set Standard – this document
- 10023.3:2017 PRIMHD Code Set Standard
These documents should be read together. Their separation is solely to simplify the structure of the standard for ease of use. The standards are designed to promote interoperability of information systems within the health and disability sector.
PRIMHD Data Set Standard
This document defines the data to be provided in the national integrated mental health and addiction data set (PRIMHD). The PRIMHD (Programme for the Integration of Mental Health Data) data set represents the entire set of data elements that will be collected and stored.
This document also defines the elements of the data set in detail, providing an overview of each grouping of data elements (eg, name elements), as well as:
- a definition of each individual data element
- attributes of each element, such as the maximum length of the field, the type of data it holds, the data domain (free text, code table, etc) and layout
- information about the source of the defined element attributes
- information such as guides for use, rules for verifying data in the element and comment about methods of collection of the data, where appropriate.
This document does not provide a technical specification for creating these data elements in a database system, table structures, key fields and relationships between data elements. It does not provide a full and comprehensive list of all fields required to represent the data according to the definitions provided; in other words, other fields may be necessary to ensure the data is properly validated and presented.
Please see the PRIMHD section for the latest file specification and requirements.