Please note that this is an old standard and its use is contained. The standard is no longer updated and should not be used in the development of new systems.
This standard defines how to construct an HL7 version 2.4 message containing:
- a displayable version of a discharge summary in Portable Document Format (PDF)
- an HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) representation of the same information that can be imported into the receiving electronic medical record system.
This standard is part of HISO 10011, which has four parts.
- HISO 10011.1:2007 Referrals, Status and Discharges Business Process
- HISO 10011.2:2007 Referrals, Status and Discharges Messaging Standard
- HISO 10011.3:2007 Referrals, Status and Discharges Implementation Guide
- HISO 10011.4:2015 eDischarge Messaging Standard (this page)