Submissions on this consultation have now closed.
Note: The Healthy Ageing Strategy was published 13 December 2016. The following is for reference only.
This document sets out a draft strategy for the health and wellbeing of older people for the next 10 years. Its vision is that older people live well, age well, and have a respectful end of life in age-friendly communities.
It sets out a direction for people-centred health and social services, future policies, funding, planning and service delivery that:
- prioritise healthy ageing and resilience throughout people’s older years
- enable good acute care, effective rehabilitation, recovery and restoration after acute events
- ensure people can live well with long-term conditions
- better support people with high and complex needs
- provide end of life care that respects personal, cultural and spiritual needs.
It proposes a set of actions for delivery in the first two years, and for the remainder of the 10-year period.
The draft Health of Older People Strategy is a consultation document.