This report provides information about disabled people who access a range of disability support services funded by the Ministry of Health. The information in this report relates to people who accessed disability support services in the financial year from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 inclusive (2019/20). The report also presents five-year trends back to 2015/16, where applicable.
The disability support service types covered in this report include:
- Home and Community Support (HCSS)
- Carer Support (CS)
- Community Residential Support
- Choice in Community Living (CiCL)
- Younger people in aged residential care (YPD)
- Supported Living
- Behaviour Support Services (BSS)
- Day services
- Services under the High and Complex Framework
- Individualised Funding (IF)
- Enhanced Individualised Funding (EIF)
- Funded Family Care (FFC)
- Community rehabilitation
- Enabling Good Lives (EGL)
- Equipment and Modification Services (EMS)
- Hearing services
- Vision services
- Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation (AT&R)
This report also breaks down the data by disability type, including physical, intellectual, autism, neurological and sensory disabilities.
Please note Disability Support Services were delivered by the Ministry of Health until 30 June 2022. From 1 July 2022, these services are delivered by Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People. For queries relating to this report, please contact [email protected].