This report describes the microbiological and chemical quality of water in New Zealand drinking-water supplies from July 2007 to June 2008. This is also the second year for which the Drinking Water Standards for New Zealand: 2005 could be used to assess the microbiological and chemical quality of drinking-water.
The report comprises the following five sections:
- a general overview of the quality of drinking-water of all supplies within New Zealand
- a summary of the nation's drinking-water quality, with supplies seperated into LA operated supplies
- a overview of drinking-water quality in each DHB area
- a summary of the quality of drinking-water in each LA area
- and an appendix that shows microbiological and chemical compliance or non-compliance with the Drinking-Water Standards for New Zealand (DWSNZ) at the level of individual water supplies within each LA area.