This report is the first one for which the Drinking-Water Standards for New Zealand: 2005 (DWSNZ:2005) could be used to assess the microbiological and chemical quality of drinking-water.
The report comprises the following five sections:
- a general overview of the quality of drinking-water of all supplies within New Zealand
- a summary of the nation’s drinking-water quality, with supplies separated into LA-operated supplies, school- and early childhood centre (ECC) operated supplies
- an overview of drinking-water quality in each DHB area
- a summary of the quality of drinking-water in each LA area
- an appendix that shows microbiological and chemical compliance or non-compliance with the DWSNZ at the level of individual water supplies within each LA area.