The Notification for one hospital-level resident to be cared for in a rest home service area form (Word, 56 KB) is for rest home providers who are intending to provide care for one named hospital-level care resident.
A rest home provider is able to manage or care for one hospital-level care resident at any one time. This applies when:
- a rest home resident suddenly requires end-of-life care
- a rest home resident has a change in level of care to hospital-level care and is awaiting transfer to another part of the facility or to a different facility
- a long-term rest home resident has a change in level of care to hospital-level care and transfer to another part of the facility or to a different facility compromises continuity of care.
The information provided on this form will be assessed on whether:
- the arrangements are safe
- the resident's identified hospital level care needs can be met
- there will be limited impact on other residents.
You need to discuss this arrangement with Te Whatu Ora Health of Older Persons portfolio/programme manager and obtain their support, prior to completing the notification form.
Once you have support from Te Whatu Ora, send the form and evidence of Te Whatu Ora’s support to HealthCERT at [email protected].
HealthCERT may need to request further information from you following receipt of the notification and/ or at any stage of the arrangement.
If you have any questions, please contact HealthCERT by phone on 0800 113 813 or via email to [email protected].