The following criteria will guide selection. Participants should meet many of the selection criteria.
- Currently in a leadership role
- At least three years’ experience in public health in New Zealand
- Demonstrate commitment to core values of public health and to advancing equity in health outcomes
- Demonstrate commitment to remain in public health
- Regarded by others as a leader, eg, asked to mentor others, history of being asked to take responsibility by community for central activities, takes the lead on a particular issue
- Evidence of self-motivation with the passion and ability to make a significant difference in public health
The following additional criteria will also guide the selection decisions:
- Pacific or Asian
- currently employed in public health role
- seniority and strategic influence
- in management/team leader roles
- hold public health qualifications.
To apply, please use our online application form.
Applications close at 5 pm on 5 March 2021. Note that applicants must demonstrate that they have their manager’s support to attend.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by 22 March 2021.
Applicants will need to pay for their own travel, food and accommodation expenses (unless otherwise agreed with their manager).