The following criteria will guide selection. Participants should meet many of the selection criteria.
- Currently in a leadership role
- At least three years’ experience in public health in New Zealand
- Demonstrate commitment to core values of public health and to advancing equity in health outcomes
- Demonstrate commitment to remain in public health
- Regarded by others as a leader, eg, asked to mentor others, history of being asked to take responsibility by community for central activities, takes the lead on a particular issue
- Evidence of self-motivation with the passion and ability to make a significant difference in public health
The following additional criteria will also guide the selection decisions:
- Pacific or Asian
- currently employed in public health role
- seniority and strategic influence
- in management/team leader roles
- hold public health qualifications.
Applications for 2022 closed on 4 March 2022.