The Ministry of Health invests in developing the public health workforce by funding a range of training opportunities. Individuals and organisations can apply for these opportunities using the links below.
Accredited training form part of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQA). The qualifications are approved under the Education Act 1989 section 249 and can only be delivered by accredited providers.
- Certificate in Public Health (Level 5) – Massey University
- Certificate of Achievement in Introducing Health Promotion (Level 4) – Health Promotion Forum
- Engaging Pasifika training – Pacific Incorporated t/a Le Va
- Le Tautua Pasifika leadership programme – Pacific Incorporated t/a Le Va
- Leadership Training for Māori in Public Health – Digital Indigenous
- Public health conference, Māori public health symposium and public health workshops/hui – Public Health Association
- Public Health Evaluation Training and support – Massey University t/a Shore and Whāriki Research Centre
- Public Health Leadership Programme – Catapult and Quigley and Watts, administrated by the Ministry of Health
- Workshops – Health Promotion Forum