If you have never applied for the Certificate in Public Health fees grant you must meet the following requirements:
- apply for academic admission on the Massey University website
- have the residence status of a New Zealand domestic student – read more on the Massey University website
- be currently employed in a public health role
- be employed in a public health role an average of 20 hours per week
- be committed to remaining in public health
- consent to Massey University and the Ministry of Health sharing your information
- have a signed Study Support Agreement from your manager.
The fees grant will cover the Certificate in Public Health fees for two years of study. Students can complete the Certificate over more than two years but must be completed within five years.
After you submit the fees grant application form, the Ministry of Health will send your manager a Study Support Agreement to fill in and this must be returned to be eligible.
As you need to enrol in Certificate of Public Health course(s) before your fees grant application is processed, you may receive an invoice from Massey. Please disregard these invoices until we know the outcome of your application. Once Massey receive notification from the Ministry of Health that your grant has been successful, your Massey fees will be credited.
A limited number of travel subsidies up to a maximum of $1,000 per student are also available for non-governmental organisation (NGO) employees who need to fly to attend CertPubHlth contact courses in Auckland or Wellington. If you live outside of the 200 km boundary from the course location that you would like to attend, you can apply for a travel subsidy. If you live on the South Island you may apply for a travel subsidy to attend either location.
View a map of travel subsidy boundary which shows 200 km north of Wellington and 200 km north and south of Auckland.
Applications are open throughout the year in 2019.
Fees and travel grants are available for two years from when grants were initially awarded. The fees grants are not available for more than two years per student. The fees grant will cover the Certificate in Public Health fees for two years of study. However, students can complete the Certificate over more than two years but must be completed within five years.
Your fees grant will automatically rollover and your fees credited once you enrol at Massey University and start your course. If you receive an invoice from Massey for your fees please disregard as they will be credited in due course.
You do not need to reapply for your fees grant if you have:
- applied for and been awarded fees grants in the past 18 months
- have a valid study support agreement from your current employer
- successfully completed all academic courses to date.
You will need to reapply for your fees if you:
- were awarded a fees grant at least 24 months ago
- do not have a valid study support agreement from your current employer
- have not successfully complete all academic courses enrolled in to date
You may be required to reapply for a fees grant by writing to the Ministry of Health (with supporting documents) to consider extending your fees grants. There is no guarantee of extensions.
- Fees Grant Application status – [email protected]
- Returning Student Fees Grant Eligibility – [email protected]
- Course content or study queries – [email protected]
Natala Gwiazdzinski, Course Administrator, School of Health Sciences, +64 027 229 5187
- Massey invoices for fees – [email protected]
- Massey enrolments/admission – [email protected] or see the Massey University website