Annual Tobacco Returns filed by manufacturers and importers for 2016 are listed below.
Highlights from the 2016 tobacco returns analysis are:
- tobacco consumption per capita has decreased 31 percent between 2010 – 2016
- $2.8 billion worth of tobacco has been released for sale
- tax revenue from both domestic and internationally imported tobacco was $1.8 billion (up from $1.6 billion in 2015)
- 71 percent of all tobacco sales were tailor made cigarettes.
Find out more:
- Infographic on 2016 tobacco annual returns (PDF, 357 KB)
- Data tables for 2016 tobacco annual returns (xlsx, 77 KB)
If you have any difficulty in accessing the content of these documents, please contact the Tobacco Control team: email@example.com