The Ministry of Health has established a Pacific Advisory Group to the Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan with a focus on achieving equitable outcomes for Pacific people.
About the Pacific Advisory Group
The purpose of the Pacific Advisory Group is to provide assurance to the Director-General of Health (the Director-General) on actions to achieve and progress delivery of the Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan, particularly for Pacific people in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Pacific Advisory Group members
- Associate Professor Collin Tukuitonga (Chair), Auckland/Northland
- Caren Rangi (Deputy Chair), Hawkes Bay
- Lealailepule Edward Cowley, Auckland
- Associate Professor El-Shadan Tautolo, Auckland
- Tuifa’asisina Maria Lafaele, Auckland
- Josiah Tualamali’I, Auckland
The Pacific Advisory Group will work closely with Ministry of Health leadership to provide real-time assurance on:
- programme planning
- the key milestones and Ministry and sector performance metrics that will give assurance on delivery against Government expectations over the next four years (ie, equitable monitoring and evaluation through to the end of 2025)
- progress on delivery against milestones and metrics
- engagement with Samoan, Tongan, Cook Islands, Niuean and other Pacific communities, and the health and other sectors on a strong narrative on the Government’s Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan
- effective relationships with key stakeholders
- capacity and capability of the Ministry to deliver on the above.