This section provides information about the Ministry’s work in the area of nutrition.
In this section
- The Ministry provides advice to the Government on nutrition and physical activity for healthy New Zealanders. Read more
- Nutrient Reference Values refer to the levels of recommended intakes of essential nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals. Read more
- Currently, the Ministry of Health does not recommend baby-led weaning as population health advice in New Zealand. Read more
- Advice for health practitioners on infant feeding in emergencies. Read more
- This fortnightly email newsletter has a New Zealand focus and provide links to new research, evaluations, guidance, resources and upcoming events on the topics of nutrition, physical activity, obesity, sport and recreation in relation to health and wellbeing. Read more
- Publications relating to food and nutrition in New Zealand. Read more