The Pacific Health Scholarships (the Scholarships) contribute to improving access to health services for Pacific peoples, by supporting the development of a Pacific health and disability workforce.
Applications for the Pacific Health Scholarships 2021 are closed.
For all inquiries please email [email protected].
The Scholarships contribute to tuition fees for students who are undertaking a course in full-time or part-time medical and health or disability-related studies accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
- Bachelor of Chiropractic
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Health Sciences – Midwifery
- Bachelor of Health Sciences – Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Health Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nutrition
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Optometry
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Speech and Language Therapy
- Certificate in Health Promotion
- Certificate in Health Sciences
- Certificate in Health Studies
- Diploma in Childbirth Education
- Diploma in Health Science
- Graduate Certificate in Science and Nutrition
- Graduate Diploma in Palliative Care
- Master of Audiology
- Master of Health Practice
- Master of Health Sciences
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Public Health
- Other (you will be able to specify a medical and health or disability-related course on the online form)
The scholarships offer up to $10,000 for medical and dentistry students and up to $5,000 for nursing, midwifery, allied health and all remaining qualifications.
The scholarship covers tuition fees only. Payments will be made directly to the respective tertiary institution once the Ministry of Health receives confirmation of tuition fees.
Pacific Health Scholarships cannot be held in conjunction with any other scholarship.
The Pacific Health Scholarships are administered by the Ministry of Health.