2020 is the International Year of the Nurse, and this page highlights events to celebrate this throughout the year.
We’d love to share your event here and support you to celebrate 2020 International Year of the Nurse in whatever way we can. Please email the Chief Nursing Officer with the details.
- February 11-14: Pacific Heads of Nursing (PHoN) meeting, Nadi, Fiji
- February 29: Inaugural New Zealand Primary Healthcare Awards, Shed 10 Auckland
- March 26-27: Council of Deans of Nursing and Midwifery (Australia and New Zealand) Symposium, Sunshine Coast Convention Centre
- April 7: World Health Day – launch of the State of the World Nurses and Midwifery reports
- April 7: Nurse Executives of New Zealand (NENZ) meeting – focuses on current and future nurse leaders – x4 regional meetings for the year
- May 4-5: College of Nurses NZ Education Consensus Workshop, Ministry of Health, Wellington
- May 5: International Day of the Midwife
- May 7-8: NEtP/NESP National Forum, Ko Awatea, Middlemore Hospital, Auckland
- May 12: International Day of the Nurse
- May 13-21: 9th Global Forum of Government CNMO’s and 73rd World Health Assembly, Geneva, Switzerland
- September (date to be announced): World Health Regional Committee
- October (date to be announced): 20th South Pacific Nurses Forum, Vanuatu.