This section provides information about the Ministry's work in the areas of mental health and addictions, including depression and suicide prevention.
- 6 August 2020: Funding to expand mental health support for Pacific peoples
- 19 July 2020: Mental health and addictions charities and community groups get share of $200K to support people through impacts of COVID-19
- 11 July 2020: 300,000 students to benefit from free mental health services
- 9 July 2020: Call for providers of new kaupapa Māori primary mental health services
- 8 July 2020: Specialist alcohol and drug addiction services strengthened across New Zealand
- 13 June 2020: Ministry of Health welcomes recommendations of post-COVID mental wellbeing report
- 8 June 2020: Proposals sought for new Pasifika mental health and addiction services
- Read earlier updates
The Ministry of Heath welcomes the Government’s response to He Ara Oranga, the report of the independent Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction.
We have a stewardship role to transform New Zealand’s mental health and addiction system into one that puts people at the centre.