This section provides information about the Ministry's work in the areas of mental health and addictions, including depression and suicide prevention.
- 21 May 2020: COVID-19 Health and Wellbeing Survey results released
- 21 May 2020: More choice of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support for Young People
- 16 May 2020: COVID-19 Psychosocial and Mental Wellbeing Recovery Plan
- 12 May 2020: Additional supports for frontline health and disability workers announced on International Nurses Day
- 9 May 2020: Extra mental health support for at risk groups
- 25 April 2020: 1.5 million people to get free access to new mental health services
- 14 April 2020: Apps, e-therapy offer practical mental health support
- 7 April 2020: COVID-19 mental health support begins
The Ministry of Heath welcomes the Government’s response to He Ara Oranga, the report of the independent Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction.
We have a stewardship role to transform New Zealand’s mental health and addiction system into one that puts people at the centre.