The infrastructure services are mandatory purchase units for all contracted service providers and are spread across three key service lines.
These service lines are namely:
- kaumātua consultation and liaison
- to provide an environment that is culturally safe for Māori service users, their whānau and significant others, as well as those delivering the services.
- workforce development
- to support service staff to access appropriate training and workforce development opportnuities and attend national and regional hui and conferences.
- participation in research and evaluation
- to support providers to participate in and support Ministry-approved research and evaluation processes.
The outcomes from the above will ensure that:
- all problem gambling services will have the capacity, skills and relationships to work effectively and appropriately with and for Māori
- the problem gambling workforce is well trained, motivated and supported to deliver effective, high quality, sustainable public health and intervention activities
- the practices and theories of the Problem Gambling sector are informed by an up to date and sound evidence base.