The Ministry collects data on the numbers of clients who received gambling treatment services and who have identified to the service provider a primary problem gambling mode causing them harm. Insights about service utilisation are used to inform operational decision-making.
Intervention service data is available back to 2004, and represents a snapshot at a point in time for the period reported. The reported statistics are subject to slight variation from time to time as the Ministry updates client data elements in accordance with the data collection and submission rules required of treatment service providers.
Data is available in downloadable figures and Excel table on:
- Total Clients Assisted, for 2004/05 to 2016/17 Financial Years
- Clients Assisted by Ethnicity
- Clients Assisted by Gender
- Clients Assisted by Client Type
- Clients Assisted by Territorial Authority
- Clients Assisted by Primary Problem Gambling Mode
The data indicates that the levels of service utilisation have remained static in recent years, even though the numbers of at risk gamblers in the population has grown due to population growth.