Information on the Maternity Clinical Guidelines, the Primary Maternity Services Notice (Section 88) and other maternity-related publications.
COVID 19 claims: For information on claiming for COVID-19 related transfers of care, see the Primary Maternity Services Notice.
View the Guide to Eligibility to see who is eligible for publicly funded maternity services in New Zealand.
Maternity services updates
- July 2020: Further support announced for community maternity providers
- June 2020: COVID-19 contingency funding to community Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) midwives.
- June 2019: As of 1 July all primary maternity services providers, including community midwives, must comply with new legally mandated information sharing requirements. This impacts what personal information providers share about clients to whom and when. The requirements aim to better enable the safety and wellbeing of families, whanau, communities and children and young people in care. More information on how this might affect your practice is available on the New information sharing schemes page.
- June 2019: Whole of maternity update
- April 2019: Consultation on draft New Zealand Obstetric Ultrasound Guidelines
- January 2019: Updates on work with the maternity services sector
- 15 October: Lead Maternity Care midwives: Business Contribution Payment
- 12 September: Second Midwife Support Q&A updated