Innovative thinking to ensure the health workforce has the flexibility and resources to meet the needs of the public into the future
Health Workforce New Zealand’s aim is to lead the development of a workforce that can respond to changes in how health services are accessed. A key way to do this is to support demonstration sites where new workforce roles, new models of care and new training programmes can be tested to find those with the potential to:
- boost workforce productivity and efficiency
- improve patient outcomes
- offer value for money.
Priority will be given to demonstrations in aged care, mental health and rehabilitation, and those that align to government priorities. The aim is to:
- improve recruitment, retention and repatriation
- devise new postgraduate training programmes and career pathways
- share successful innovations with others in the health sector
- reduce workforce expenditure with no compromise on patient safety or quality of care.