The National Health Emergency Plan (NHEP) provides overarching direction to the health and disability sector and all of government.
It shows how the health and disability sector would work together in a coordinated way with other government agencies to respond to disasters and emergencies.
The National Health Emergency Plan (NHEP) describes the strategic relationships for emergency management across the health sector and against the 4 Rs (Reduction, Readiness, Response and Recovery).
The following guidance and action plans support the NHEP.
- Hazardous Substances Incident Hospital Guidelines
- Getting through Together: Ethical Values for a Pandemic
- New Zealand Influenza Pandemic Action Plan
- National Health Emergency Plan: Mass Casualty Action Plan
- National Health Emergency Plan: Multiple Complex Burn Action Plan