Health information standards support the New Zealand Health Strategy and Vision for Health Technology.
HISO standards are developed with a coordinated, consistent approach, in five stages:
- Stage 1: Identify, Propose and Plan
- Stage 2: Develop and Evaluate
- Stage 3: Consult
- Stage 4: Approve and Implement
- Stage 5: Review and Maintain
Early engagement with HISO is encouraged in the initial stages of a project.
HISO has produced a booklet providing an overview of the process for the development, review and maintenance of standards:
Below are the links to maps or forms mentioned in the booklet:
- Standards development process map (PDF, 72 KB)
- Standards proposal form (Word, 57 KB)
- Standards review and maintenance process map (PDF, 64 KB)
- Ad hoc change request form (Word, 46 KB)
If you are looking to develop a standard, or simply require more information, please email us at email@example.com.