Resources titled ‘Healthy Eating, Active Living’ and ‘Eat Healthy Food and Move More Every Day’ were released alongside the first edition of the Guidelines document for New Zealand adults. These resources contain information for the public about healthy eating and being physically active.
Resources for other specific population groups remain available with useful current information.
Babies and toddlers
Children and young people
- Eating for Healthy Children aged 2 to 12 – HealthEd website
- Healthy Eating for Young People – HealthEd website
- Be Active Every Day: Physical Activity for 5- to 18-year-olds – HealthEd website
Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Eating for Healthy Pregnant Women – HealthEd website
- Eating for Healthy Breastfeeding Women – Health Ed website
- Healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Eating Well for Healthy Older People – HealthEd website
- Physical activity for older people (aged 65 years and older)
Developing new resources
New resources are being developed to replace the existing resources Eating for Healthy Pregnant Women and Eating for Healthy Breastfeeding Women. Over time the Ministry will update its health education resources for all population groups to reflect the new serving size advice.
Resources for the public from other organisations are available via our Useful links page.