The Ministry's childhood obesity plan was developed over some months. On this page you'll find some of the background information that went into it, including working papers, meeting notes, and Ministerial advice.
- Cabinet Social Policy Committee paper (PDF, 4.7 MB)
- Cabinet Social Policy Committee paper (Word, 85 KB)
Ministerial advice (Health Reports)
Health reports are formal written advice from the Ministry, for the Minister.
- Childhood Obesity: for discussion with social sector Ministers (pdf, 3.6 MB)
- Childhood obesity - Action plan discussion with Minister (pdf, 1.3 MB)
- Childhood obesity plan: interim overview report (HR 20150619) (pdf, 552 KB)
- Stocktake of obesity-related initiatives: preliminary advice (HR 20150540) (pdf, 3 MB)
- Obesity stocktake: supplementary information (HR 20150669) (pdf, 105 KB)
- Initial advice on a childhood obesity target (HR 20150490) (pdf, 528 KB)
- Childhood obesity: Further advice on targets (HR 20150803) (pdf, 1.1 MB)
- Childhood obesity: establishing a target (HR 20151254) (pdf, 1019 KB)
- Addressing childhood obesity: working with the food and beverage industry (HR 20150895) (pdf, 1.1 MB)
- Childhood obesity: preliminary advice on sugar taxes (HR 20150881) (pdf, 529 KB)
- Mexican sugar tax – evidence of impact (HR 20151086) (pdf, 2.2 MB)
- Evidence base for childhood obesity (HR 20151047) (pdf, 1.2 MB)
- Background information on evidence and options for interventions to address childhood obesity in New Zealand (pdf, 416 KB)
Food and beverage industry forum
The agenda and notes from the food and beverage industry forum held in Auckland on Monday 25 May 2015.
Technical Advisory Group meetings
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG) provides expert advice to the Ministry on key issues around childhood obesity.
TAG meeting, 2 April 2015
TAG meeting, 29 April 2015
- TAG agenda for 29 April 2015 (pdf, 3 MB)
- TAG agenda paper for 29 April 2015 (pdf, 1.8 MB)
- TAG minutes for 29 April 2015 (pdf, 325 KB)