This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
There are no new cases of COVID-19 today, 21 September 2020. There are now 62 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand. See our Current cases page.
All of New Zealand is at Alert Level 2. Gatherings within the Auckland region may involve a maximum of ten (10) people. There can be up to 50 people at funerals and tangihanga if the event is registered with the Ministry of Health. Find out more on the Unite Against COVID-19 website.
At 1pm Monday 14th September, the need for physical distancing on public transport was removed. Wearing masks on domestic flights or on public transport such as trains, buses and ferries remains mandatory.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Added: Guidance for primary and secondary care on essential groups for testing for the period 21 September–4 October 2020
- Added: Primary care quick reference guide for the period 21 September–4 October 2020
- Updated: Use of masks and face coverings in the community
- Added: Testing strategy – 21 September 2020 to 4 October 2020
- Added: COVID-19 Public Health Response (Required Testing) Amendment Order (No 2)
- Updated: Join the COVID-19 surge workforce