This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
On Monday 8 June at 11.59 pm New Zealand moved to Alert Level 1.
To find out more see Health and disability services at Alert Level 1.
There are 27 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand. New Zealand's confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 to date is 1547 – see our current cases page.
The focus is now on protecting New Zealanders with:
- robust border controls
- continued surveillance and testing
- contact tracing capability and rapid isolation of new cases
- public support to prevent any further spread, like good hygiene and keeping records of movement.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- New: Guidance for clinicians on community testing for COVID-19
- Updated: Testing rates for ethnicity and DHB
- Updated: Border controls
- Updated: Managed isolation and quarantine
- Updated: Guidance to support implementation of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order 2020
- Updated: Maritime sector: No Change in Health Status Report for Health Pratique
- Updated: Quarantine and managed isolation numbers