This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
Anyone who has cold or flu symptoms should get a test and stay home until you have a negative test result.
As at 9 am 15 January 2021 there are 76 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand. See our Current cases page and the latest News and media updates.
All of New Zealand is at Alert Level 1. Find out more on the Unite Against COVID-19 website.
Pre-departure testing requirements
See the latest current information on pre-departure testing requirements for all passengers from the United Kingdom and United States landing in New Zealand after 11.59pm (NZT) on 15 January 2021.
Make summer unstoppable
Look after yourself and your whānau this summer:
- wear a mask or face covering when using transport services in, into and out of Auckland and on passenger flights throughout New Zealand
- sign into places, using the NZ COVID Tracer app or keep a record
- maintain good hygiene practices
- stay home if you’re unwell and get a test
- travel with a 'COVID-19 kit' – soap, hand sanitiser and a face covering.