This section provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19.
New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 1. To find out more see Health and disability services at Alert Level 1.
There are 23 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand. New Zealand's confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 to date is 1569 – see our current cases page.
The focus is now on protecting New Zealanders with:
- robust border controls
- continued surveillance and testing
- contact tracing capability and rapid isolation of new cases
- public support to prevent any further spread, like good hygiene and keeping records of movement.
Our advice is under active review and is updated regularly. The latest updates include the following changes to the website:
- Updated: Use of masks in the community
- Updated: Border controls - information on International Medical evacuations (Medevac)
- Added: Action plan for the recommendations of the Independent Review of COVID 19 Clusters in Aged Residential Care Facilities
- Updated: Testing rates for ethnicity and DHB