Guidance and information for mental health and addiction professionals managing services during the COVID-19 response.
Page last updated: 29 June 2020
On this page:
- Guidance for Mental Health Act processes
- Mental Health Act information for service users
- COVID-19 Health and Wellbeing Survey
The purpose of this advice is to help services continue to provide safe and effective assessment and treatment to people that respects their rights to the greatest extent possible in the circumstances. It is critical to ensure the rights of patients and proposed patients under the Mental Health Act are protected and balanced with the need to ensure patients and proposed patients receive appropriate care and treatment.
- Guidance for Mental Health Act processes (Word, 281 KB)
- Guidance for Mental Health Act processes (PDF, 263 KB)
- Updated: 15 June 2020
This provides information for service users/tangata whaiora about Mental Health Act assessments and treatment processes during the COVID-19 epidemic while at Alert Level 1.
- Mental Health Act information for service users (Word, 270 KB)
- Mental Health Act information for service users (PDF, 193 KB)
- Updated: 18 June 2020
The COVID-19 Health and Wellbeing Survey provides information about how New Zealanders have been impacted by COVID-19.