Information on COVID-19 requirements for disability community residential care providers.
Under all COVID-19 alert levels the following services are essential services and will continue to operate:
- disability residential care services
- regional intellectual disability secure services
- regional intellectual disability supported accommodation services
- hospital level services.
Get more information on essential services on the COVID-19: Essential services in the health and disability system page
Our guidance gives advice to consider under Alert Levels 3 and 4, including:
- what to do if someone needs to move residence
- what to do if someone tests positive for COVID-19
- requirements under the High and Complex Framework
- managing the impacts of workforce shortages
- ensuring safe visits.
Under Alert Level 3, some Alert Level 4 guidance will still apply, however we have additional information to support a safe transition into Alert Level 3.