The consumer consortium involves people representing national disability organisations who provide input and advice to Disability Support Services on its planning, policy and service development.
Disability Support Services want to involve disabled people in making decisions about Ministry of Health funded disability support services. The consortium provides a link between Disability Support Services and the people who use the services funded by Disability Support Services.
The Consortium meets 6-monthly and meeting agendas may include:
- updates on Disability Support Services’ projects and activities
- presentations from other government departments, eg, Ministry of Social Development, Ministry of Education
- requests for the Consortium’s advice on:
- development of DSS Strategic and Annual Plans and updates on implementation of these
- project implementation, eg, New Model, Enabling Good Lives
- issues of concern to the disability sector, prioritisation of these, and how these could be addressed
- policy development
- service quality
- service gaps
- improving collaboration between government agencies, between consumer organisations, and between government agencies and consumer organisations.
Disabled people and/or family or whānau representatives make up the consortium. Members are from disability organisations with:
- national membership, largely consisting of people with disabilities using Ministry of Health funded disability support services, and
- a mandate to represent the views of, and provide information and advice to, people with disabilities Ministry of Health funded disability support services.
Consumer Consortium members are selected by the following organisations and serve a 4-year term of membership.
|Consumer Consortium Member Organisations||Membership|
|Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind||1 person with a disability|
|NZ Association of Blind Citizens||1 person with a disability|
|NZ Hearing Association||1 person with a disability|
|Autism NZ||1 person with a disability and a family member|
|Ngati Kapo NZ||1 person with a disability|
|People First NZ||2 people with disabilities|
|Deaf Aotearoa NZ||2 people with a disability|
|Mana Turi o Aotearoa||1 person with a disability|
|Brain Injury Association||1 person with an acquired brain injury and 1 family member|
|Parent to Parent NZ||2 family members|
|Carers NZ||1 family member|
|IHC Advocacy||1 family member|
|CCS Disability Action||1 person with a disability and a family member|
|Cerebral Palsy Society||1 person with a disability and a family member|
|PIASS Trust||2 people with disabilities|
|DPA NZ||1 person with a disability|
|Rescare NZ||1 family member|
|Deaf Blind NZ Incorporated||1 person with a disability|
|Muscular Dystrophy Association||1 person with a disability|
|Down Syndrome Association||1 person with a disability and a family member|
For more information on the Consumer Consortium, contact Cheryll Graham, Senior Advisor at Cheryll_Graham@moh.govt.nz.