Disability Support Services is developing the following service strategies over the next ten months:
- People with Challenging Behaviours
- Community-Based Disability Therapy Services Strategy
- Community Residential Services Strategy (this includes achieving better outcomes for people with high and complex needs living in residential services but not covered by the High and Complex Framework)
- Independent Living Strategy
- Respite Strategy
These strategies are all focused on increasing choice and control, and improving outcomes, for disabled people and their families / whânau / aiga using these services.
The Ministry has hosted three workshops with providers and the sector to gather ideas to assist with the development of these strategies. Another three workshops will be hosted in the first quarter of 2017.
Workshop scope documents
- People with Challenging Behaviours (docx, 96), (pdf, 718KB)
- Community-Based Disability Therapy Services Strategy (docx, 86 KB), (pdf, 246 KB)
- Community Residential Services Strategy (docx, 106 KB), (pdf, 702 KB)
- Independent Living Strategy (Previously flexible community based supports) (docx, 39), (pdf, 557 KB)
- Respite Strategy 2016/17