This section contains Disability Support Services (DSS) operational policy documents.
Operational Policy – Exceptional Circumstances when a Community Residential Support Service Provider requests the Exit of a Service User
The Exceptional Circumstances Policy (Word, 292 KB) specifies the procedures to be followed by DSS personnel when a Community Residential Support Service Provider seeks to exit a service user from their residential home and when an impasse has been reached between the service provider and the Ministry of Health. These circumstances are regarded as exceptional and require DSS managers to promptly initiate and manage appropriate processes to fulfil DSS obligations to both the service user and the service provider.
Some people are eligible to access one of the Hosted Schemes that allow people to manage their own budget (Personal Budget) with the help of a Host Provider. Hosted Schemes currently include:
- Individualised Funding (IF) – this is a national scheme where people who have been allocated Home and Community Support Services and/or Respite can purchase these supports flexibly/directly
- Enhanced Individualised Funding (EIF) – this is part of the New Model Demonstration in the Bay of Plenty where people are allocated a Ministry budget for disability supports and can purchase a wider range of supports in accordance with the New Model Purchasing Guidelines
- Enabling Good Lives (EGL) Hosted Personal Budgets – this is part of the Enabling Good Lives Christchurch Demonstration where people are allocated a budget that may come from multiple Government agencies.
The Restrictions on Access to Hosted Budgets operational policy (Word, 36 KB) sets out the terms for access to funding under a Hosted Scheme, and applies to all people accessing a Hosted Scheme.
The Restrictions on Access to Hosted Budgets operational policy includes:
- who can access a Hosted Scheme
- restrictions that may be placed on a person if they do not comply with the terms of access.
The Guideline for Verification of Supports within Hosted Funding Schemes (Word, 83 KB) sets out accountability requirements for people who use a Hosted Scheme.
The Guidelines set out:
- standardised verification requirements for host providers to assist them verify that supports have been purchased/engaged
- what evidence for expenditure people have to send to host providers when people claim for funding.
- standard declarations for claim forms and service agreements
- a privacy declaration and privacy notice (Word, 13 KB) for support workers
- record keeping requirements.