The Ministry of Health is developing a Digital Health Strategic Framework to guide the use of digital technologies and data to support a strong and equitable public health and disability system. Read more.
The Vision for Health Technology outlines how we see technology shaping the way New Zealanders 'live well, stay well and get well' in 2026. Read more.
Health information standards, common technologies, secure IT systems and environments and information governance all support the delivery of our strategic objectives.
The Ministry is responsible for reviewing health ICT investments.
Digital Health initiatives
- Patient Portals
- Digital Health Portfolio Reports
- Digital Systems Landscape
- Maturity Assessments
- Hawke's Bay DHB Clinical Portal
- Karori reaps benefits of patient portal and open notes
- Melon Health develops digital self-management programmes
- Māori and Pasifika groups co-design healthy lifestyle app
- Portal proves life-changing for rural doctor
- Telehealth improves access to care for rural communities