Welcome to My Health Account (the ‘service’). This is a digital identity service operated by the New Zealand Ministry of Health (‘we’, ‘our’). A unique My Health Account can be linked to your own National Health Index (NHI) number. This enables you to securely access health information about yourself and engage with participating health service providers in activities you choose.
Registering for a My Health Account is voluntary.
We explain below who can use the service, and what we require when using My Health Account. We will keep your information safe and secure when using our service.
Privacy and how we use your information
You can make choices about how much information you provide, and what level of identity verification you wish to complete. Some services are restricted to stronger verification requirements. We will guide you through your options.
We will securely hold and manage the information you provide to us. You can make choices within your account to decide how your information may be managed via the options provided with our service.
Read our Privacy Notice at My Health Account Privacy Notice.
Agreement to Terms
Your use of the service is governed by New Zealand Law.
If you choose to register for a My Health Account and use this service, these terms will form an agreement between you and us.
By accepting these terms, you understand and agree:
- Your age must be 12 years and above to use this service. If you are 12 to 15 years of age, your parent or legal guardian may complete the registration process for you if you agree.
- We will act on your instructions without further enquiry provided you have successfully logged on.
- You consent to us sharing your validated My Health Account identity, or any other NHI attribute, with participating service providers so that you can access the online services you choose, and they can provide services to you.
- The information you submit and verify will be true and accurate, and is about you.
- To any terms and conditions that apply to any services that you choose to use via your My Health Account.
- My Health Account is intended for use by people who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand. Services may not be available to you if you are currently outside the New Zealand jurisdiction.
Your login is valuable and confidential. It authenticates your online identity with participating service providers. You must take good care of the login details you create (email address and password) and keep them secure. You agree to:
- Notify the My Health Account Contact Centre on 0800 222 478 or +64 9 307 6155 immediately if you know or have reason to believe that there has been or is about to be fraudulent or other unlawful use of your login or code.
- Immediately change your password and notify the My Health Account Contact Centre on 0800 222 478 or +64 9 307 6155 if you believe the security of your password has been compromised or if you are aware of any unauthorised use of your username or password.
My Health Account will never contact you and request your password, NHI number, or access to your personal computer or other devices either by phone or email.
Anyone who knowingly accesses or uses, or attempts to access or use, any My Health Account or related Ministry of Health or third-party provider service for an unlawful purpose (including but not limited to fraud or attempted fraud or hacking or attempted hacking), may be liable to prosecution under New Zealand Law.
If you would like help with the My Health Account service please email us at: [email protected]. If your support request relates to a service from a third-party provider please address your queries directly to them.
Except where we have an explicit legal obligation under New Zealand legislation, we disclaim and exclude all liability for any claim, loss, demand, or damages of any kind whatsoever (including for our negligence) arising out of or in connection with the use of either this service or the information, content or materials included in this service or on any website we link to. It is your responsibility to provide accurate information to us, and we are entitled to rely, without making further inquiry, on information provided by you or any third party you choose to interact with via this service.
Continuity of Service
We will make reasonable efforts to always keep the service operational, but we make no warranty or representation, express or implied, as to continuity of service. We reserve the right to suspend, terminate or otherwise alter access to some or all the services at any time and without notice if we consider that:
- This is necessary to maintain the integrity or security of related services; or
- Your login is being misused or has otherwise been compromised; or
- You breach these terms; or
- We decide to remove or reduce the services available.
Revisions of Terms
We may revise these Terms at any time. Revisions take effect when published to our website.
You must not modify, distribute, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of the service unless expressly permitted.
You must not reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the services (except to the extent applicable law doesn’t allow this restriction).
The service has been and will continue to be subjected to independent security audits. If you discover a potential security vulnerability or suspect a security incident related to this service, please report it by emailing [email protected], or by following the disclosure process on the CERT NZ website.