Identifiers for the terminologies, code systems, naming systems and other namespaces used in the digital health ecosystem.
We are establishing standard identifiers for the many terminologies, code systems, naming systems and other namespaces used to represent people and their health care.
Some important examples are the namespaces associated with:
- SNOMED CT – the international system of terminology for health and social care
- New Zealand Medicines Terminology – representing the medicines we use
- National Health Index (NHI) number – identifying patients and health service users
- Health Provider Index (HPI) identifiers – identifying health workers, organisations and facilities
- Ethnic group code tables – used to record ethnicity.
Each such namespace is identified by a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI). For example, the SNOMED CT concept identifier namespace is assigned the URI http://snomed.info/sct.
To identify our own namespaces, we will use clearly descriptive and resolvable URIs based on the standards.digital.health.nz domain name.
The following namespace identifiers have been assigned so far:
- NHI number: https://standards.digital.health.nz/id/nhi
- HPI person identifier: https://standards.digital.health.nz/id/hpi-person
- HPI organisation identifier: https://standards.digital.health.nz/id/hpi-organisation
- HPI facility identifier: https://standards.digital.health.nz/id/hpi-facility
- Ethnic group level 1: https://standards.digital.health.nz/codesystem/ethnic-group-level-1
- Ethnic group level 2: https://standards.digital.health.nz/codesystem/ethnic-group-level-2
- Ethnic group level 3: https://standards.digital.health.nz/codesystem/ethnic-group-level-3
- Ethnic group level 4: https://standards.digital.health.nz/codesystem/ethnic-group-level-4
Each URI will resolve to a web page with information about the indicated namespace.
Find out more
To get involved or for more information contact email@example.com