Border health protection forms one component of a wider suite of public health protection initiatives conducted nationally and internationally.
Border health legislation, policy and planning
In this section
- Information on the requirements of the International Health Regulations, which were developed to protect against the international spread of disease. Read more
- Learn about the legislation that provides for New Zealand’s border health protection and allows us to respond to public health emergencies. Read more
- Guidance for border health protection authorities on planning for and responding to pandemics and other public health emergencies. Read more
- Steps for public health authorities to use when developing operations plans for border health protection. Read more
- A summary of key border health protection legislative controls, like quarantine, that may needed to respond to potential public health threats at airports or sea ports. Read more