The following documents contain information about the selected health professional workforce in New Zealand. They summarise the results of the 2009 Workforce Annual Survey.
Information about the following professions is summarised in ten documents:
- Chiropractic Workforce (PDF, 181 KB)
- Dietitian Workforce (PDF, 195 KB)
- Medical Radiation Technologist Workforce (PDF, 199 KB)
- Midwifery Workforce (PDF, 190 KB)
- Optometrist and Dispensing Optician Workforce (PDF, 213 KB)
- Podiatry Workforce (PDF, 416 KB)
- Psychology Workforce (PDF, 213 KB)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist and Technician Workforce (PDF, 243 KB)
- Physiotherapy Workforce (PDF, 221 KB)
- Osteopath Workforce (PDF, 186 KB)
- Nurses Workforce (Excel, 102 KB)
The information about each profession varies between publications. The following information is included in the majority of publications: gender, age, ethnicity, qualification country, district health board of employer, employment setting, work type, year of qualification and average number of hours worked.
Certain publications have extra information about each profession. For example: languages used with clients, client type, income, number of years practicing, income range.