Documentation and a cost weight table for the WIESNZ16 methodology.
The New Zealand Casemix Framework for Publicly Funded Hospitals provides the definitions for inclusion of hospital events in casemix funding together with information related to the calculation of cost weights for these events and the assignment of events to purchase units. WIESNZ16 uses AR-DRG 6.0x which is based on ICD-10-AM/ACHI 6th Edition codes. A new set of cost weights are provided in the WIESNZ16 weights table.
ICD-10-AM/ACHI 8th Edition was implemented for all event records that had an event end date on or after 1 July 2014. Event records coded in 8th Edition have their codes back-mapped to ICD-10-AM/ACHI 6th Edition.
WIESNZ16 includes the following changes from the previous year:
- New same day (SD) designation for DRG C60B Acute and Major Eye Infections W/O CC and a new one day (OD) designation for DRG B82B Chronic and Unspecified Paraplegia/Quadriplegia W or W/O OR Procedures W Severe CC
- Development of a new NZ-specific DRG A39W Pelvic Evisceration or Cytoreduction Procedures to fund pseudomyxoma peritonei and pelvic exenteration events. This means the map of pelvic exenteration surgery events to N01Z introduced for WIESNZ15 is replaced by this new mapping to a new NZ-specific DRG.
- Mechanical ventilation co-payment added for DRG P02Z Cardiothoracic/Vascular Procedures for Neonates
- Extension of the electrophysiological studies (EPS) co-payment to include cardiac ablation only events
- Introduction of two new exclusion rules for Hysteroscopy and for Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- New facilities added to the casemix eligible facilities list. The facilities are: Christchurch Eye Surgery (9188), Forte Health (Private Surgical Hopsital) (9107) and MacMurray Centre (7000)
- Added section for special funding arrangement for temporomandibular joint replacements (TMJ).