This document provides the definitions for inclusion of hospital events in casemix funding together with information related to the calculation of cost weights for these events and the assignment of events to purchase units. WIESNZ08 uses the same AR-DRG set as the WIES11C framework, but new cost weights are provided.
This version includes the following major changes:
- a new cost weight table, based on New Zealand costs;
- the framework rules now indicate the appropriate non casemix purchase unit (XPU) to apply to casemix-excluded events.
Following the go live of WIESNZ08 on 1 July 2008 the following changes have been made and issues have been identified:
- New WIES eligible facilities
- DRG 963Z – Neonatal DRG inconsistent with weight or age
- Mapping issue for 6th edition Termination of Pregnancy
- NCSP-20 and NCSP formatting issue
More information on these changes is available in the Supplementary changes to WIESNZ08 (Word, 28 KB).