Requesting additions or updates to SNOMED CT through the New Zealand National Release Centre
SNOMED CT is a continuously growing and evolving product. Requests to create a new SNOMED CT concept or add a new term or relationship can be made to the New Zealand National Release Centre.
Where the request would have value to other SNOMED International member countries besides ourselves, we seek to have the new content added to the SNOMED CT International Edition. Content of local value only we add to the SNOMED CT New Zealand Extension.
Content request submission form and instructions:
- SNOMED-CT Content Request Service Submission Form (xlxs, 34 KB)
- Guidelines for SNOMED CT Content Requests (docx, 52 KB)
- Guidelines for SNOMED CT Content Requests (pdf, 384 KB)
Content request submission timeframes
SNOMED International releases the SNOMED CT International Edition at the end of January and July each year.
Content requests received between:
- 1 September and 28 February will be considered for the July release of the International Edition
- 1 March and 31 August will be consider for the January release of the International Edition.