Requesting additions or updates to SNOMED CT through the New Zealand National Release Centre
SNOMED CT is a continuously growing and evolving product. Requests to create a new SNOMED CT concept, term or relationship or inactivate a term can be made through the New Zealand SNOMED CT National Release Centre.
Where the content request is applicable to other SNOMED International member countries, we will recommend and submit a request to have the new content added to the SNOMED CT International Edition. Content requests that are New Zealand specific will be added to the New Zealand Edition.
To submit an individual content request, please submit the request via SNOMED CT Request Management Portal.
For multiple content requests please download the SNOMED CT Content Batch Request Submission Form and complete all required fields as indicated. Once completed, please email the batch request form to [email protected]
Content request submission form and instructions:
- SNOMED CT Content Batch Request Submission Form (xlxs, 35 KB)
- Guidelines for Requesting Changes to SNOMED CT Content (docx, 364 KB)
- Guidelines for Requesting Changes to SNOMED CT Content (pdf, 372 KB)
Content request submission timeframes
The New Zealand SNOMED CT National Release Centre releases the SNOMED CT New Zealand Edition on 1 April and 1 October each year.
Content requests submitted between:
- 1 August and 31 January will be considered for the April New Zealand Edition release.
- 1 February and 31 July will be considered for the October New Zealand Edition release.