There will be no Health media conference today, Monday 8 June. See the written update at No active cases of COVID-19.
The Director-General of Health attended today's 3 pm media conference at the Beehive. You can view the livestream of that conference below.
The next Health media conference will be tomorrow Tuesday 9 June, 1 pm.
Today the Ministry of Health is very pleased to report no active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand.
Questions from journalists.
- Why has there not been a 48-hour window for Alert Level 1?
- Timetables on borders.
- How did the Prime Minister and the Director General celebrate 0 active cases?
- Does this change the threshold for opening borders and travel tunnels?
- How hard are we going to fight for the elimination strategy?
- Can businesses be sure we are never going back to Level 4?
- Will New Zealand implement mask use?
- The Prime Ministers response to a report
- When will the government stop paying for people to go into quarantine at the border?
- Should New Zealand increase border restrictions?
- What is the latest update on managed isolation facilities – QT Hotel?
- Have you ever signed off on a foreign embassy be accessed in New Zealand?
- Are restrictions still capable of being enforced by police?
- How does the government now look at Public Health?
- Anything the Prime Minister is looking forward to doing at Level 1?
- With the relaxation of social distancing, is there any advice around hongi?
- What date is New Zealand looking at for a Trans-Tasman bubble?
- How long can New Zealand’s economy cope with Level 1 restrictions?
- Why did KiwiRail spend money on foreign bids?
- Will David Clark remain as Health Minister?
- Will businesses be required to display QR codes?