The Minister of Health Volunteer Awards are an opportunity to recognise the thousands of unsung heroes who support New Zealand’s health and disability services.
The 2018 Minister of Health Volunteer Awards were presented on 18 June, during National Volunteer Week, at the Grand Hall Parliament.
This year's recipients are:
- Health Volunteer of the Year – Kim Gosman
- Health Care Provider Service Team Volunteers – Servants Health Centre Volunteers
- Health Care Provider Service Individual Winners – Darren Best
- Community or NGO Health Service Team Volunteers – Te Aroha Community Transport Service
- Community or NGO Health Service Individual Winners – Irene Pringle
- Māori Health Team Volunteers – Ka Pai Kai Rotorua
- Maori Health Volunteer Individual Winners – Kim Gosman
- Pacific Health Team Volunteers – Tangata Toa volunteers
- Pacific Health Volunteer Individual Winners – Sonya Apa Temata
- Youth Health Team Volunteers – Youth Advisory Group, Skylight Trust
- Youth Health Team Individual Winners – Dr Assil Russell
- Long Service awards – Marjorie White
Find out more about the 2018 recipients and runners up: 2018 Volunteer Awards recipients